[DL] Massive Damage ... [Goff]

Not quite a double post here, but darn close!

As there are just as many new rules in HOE that apply to both HOE and DL as
there are just HOE rules, I thought I'd ask about the new Massive Damage
rules in Iron Oasis.  Are these intended to cover DL as well?  I realize
that the marshall can basically do what ever he/she wants, but I was just
wondering what your [PEG] intentions were?

Now, below is the email I posted to the HOE list.  Any comments from you DL
marshalls?

**************************

Greetings one and all!

In the old days, massive damage was pretty simple to figure out.  Be it
falling, fire, explosion, whatever, you just found out how much damage
happened, calculate wounds, and then roll location for each wound.  After
all wounds have been applied, you then take into consideration armor and
spend fate chips.  Easy.

With the publishing of Iron Oasis, a new set of rules has come out.  I just
so happen to have it handy...

"Attacks and other events, like falling damage, now inflict their full
damage to 1d6 hit locations. It is possible for the attack to inflict its
damage to the same location more than once.

In the case of explosions, the number of hit locations affected are reduced
by 1 for each burst radius crossed. An explosion with a burst radius of 5
yards, for example, would affect 1d6 locations within 5 yards, 1d6-1
locations between 5 and 10 yards, 1d6-2 locations between 10 and 15 yards,
and so on. It is possible for an explosion to affect zero areas - your
brainer just got lucky!

Since damage is now applied to specific hit locations, armour works normally
against massive damage, ie positive AVs lower the die type and negative AVs
subtract from the damage."

Now, in my opinion, this seems...well...wrong.  I thought the original rules
worked very well and actually gave players a chance at surviving.  With the
new MD rules, explosions are much more deadly.

So, I ask you, which system do you like and why?

Dr. Nukem