[DL] The Mission

I'm running this adventure for the first time and I have a few questions.

The guys in my posse are a bit bomb happy and have attempted to set off the
three sticks of dynamite that one of them is carrying.  So here are my two
questions.

1. how far across is the mission.  I've measured it and gotten 180 feet but
an officall ruleing would be nice.

2.  This one will require some spoilers, what would happen if my posse were
to drop the dynamite down the well say on the first day.  I've been denying
this in the same way I deny dropping a lantern down by just saying that the
fuse goes out but I can forsee something seriously drastic going on if they
manage to pull it off.

More to come....

Ron "Got Zombies?" Conner