Subject:[DL] Grimy Paws hindrance was Re: [DL] Semi-review for The Anthology With No Name

>> I know at least one section of Epitaph 2 that I will write a good review
>> for... :-)
>
>Which, BTW, we're hoping to have our grimy paws on by next week. :-)
>
>John

A new hindrance :D

Grimy Paws (2pts for Mad Scientists, 1pt others)

Your cowpoke just cannot seem to keep his paws clean.  No matter how hard he
tries something always ends up smeared all over his hands, from general dirt
and dust from the trail to last nights meal, everything just seems to stick.
Washing his hands before dinner won't work as on his way back to the table,
he'll always manage to lean against something or that sticky bit o'baccy
just won't shift no matter how hard he scrubs.

Your character has to make an Onerous (7) Deftness roll every time he wants
to handle something without leaving his mark on it.  Success means that he
has managed to pick it up gingerly holding the item by his finger tips,
failure and he has managed to leave some mark on the item, going bust means
that your cowpoke has managed to gum up the works of the item in some way,
obscured part of a document, managed to get it stuck to his fingers (TN
increases by 2 for each attempt to get the item separated from his fingers -
on repeated failures the item is ruined) or some such.  Anyone trying to
read a blueprint created by a Mad Scientist with this hindrance gets a -2 to
his roll for understanding or working off the blueprint.

Sorry this just appeared in my brain without warning after reading John's
post, hope you like it.  It's meant to be a "fun" hindrance, brought into
play whenever the Marshal decides that the hindrance could make a (comical)
difference.

Roy