[DL] Re: Thoughts on Adventures

>   How many of you folks have gotten a chance to look at Ghost Busters? I've
> a quick question and I'd like some feedback from you guys.

My reading of the Agency book, coupled with Ghost Busters, required
three Vicodin and a couple of Prednazone!  I loved them, but I have such
a major reworking of my campaign to look forward to...

>   What do you think about the "voting" option we've included in the back of
> the adventure?
>
>   For anyone that's not picked up the adventure yet <subliminal: buy it
> now--wow, this doen't work as well in text...>, what we've done is include a
> small coupon of sorts. On it, the Marshal marks the results of his posse's
> adventure and sends it in; when the deadline passes, we count up the
> results, and let the solution of the majority determine the "official"
> course of events in the Weird West setting.

After reading others' responses, I guess I'll be playing Devil's
Advocate for this one.  I have to admit, it's a novel concept to me.  On
the surface it seems like a great idea -- I'm willing to go where the
prewritten "official" adventures lead me for the most part.

However, my major concern is "how" the events will effect my little
posse.  I mean, if <insert central NPC name> dies in your running of GB,
why should that effect the outcome of my player's actions?  To continue
this line, if a different result does occur in my campaign, will I
pretty much have to follow the "official" results as determined by
_other_ Marshal's games?  Talk about about a difficult task in
maintaining plot consistency.  Future supplements will be written with
this new perspective.  We can, as has been stated before, choose to run
our campaign any way we see fit.  Yet, the "official" line could well be
going into a direction that my party would not necessarily be involved
in.

To be all honest, I think it's a great way to share our adventures with
each other, and even recognize a particular group's exploits.  But, I
have reservations over the potential curves in the story line that may
come up.  I mean, HOE is not the only way my posse's story could end...

Thanks for letting me rant -- I had to sleep on the couch again tonight.
<G>

D.