RE: [DL] Thoughts on Adventures

*laugh*  Our Marshall won't even let us read the back
cover; the book's still in the plastic bag from the
game store!

On the whole "influencing the world" issue; I
personally like the concept of letting the fan base
influence the story line with their characters.  I
agree that this time limit was tight, and I also
realize that it wasn't intentional.

Granted, however, I'm not the Marshall; inserting a
group of characters who may not be suited to a module
is difficult at best and sometimes impossible at
worst.  However, I would think that a Marshall who
can't realistically fit the module into his plot line
won't.  I don't imagine Maggie Jensen and her crew
will be showing up in Doomtown anytime soon, even
though we bought the module.

But I think we as the fan base need to realize that
Goff knows this; we're being presented with an
exciting option, it's not a requirement, and those of
us who don't want to or who realistically can't just
won't take him up on it.  And I think that's to
everyone's benefit: it means that only character sets
and groups which are suited for the module play it,
insuring higher quality.

Sorry we'll miss this one, Goff, but I like the idea.
Got anything in mind for a mad scientist trying to
cure the world of lycanthropy with his faithful Indian
brave, a doctor, a Harrowed gunslinger and a two-gun
kid?