Re: [DL] Still looking for ideas...

In a message dated 7/12/00 9:16:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Brian.Leybourne@airnz.co.nz writes:

<< They are Humility, Honour, Faith and Sacrifice (I wont repost the entire
 document covering them in detail; the names are fairly self-explanitory).
 Ideally, I want to cover all four in the same dream, which I imagine to take
 no more than three or four hours real time (although it could of course be
 considerably shorter).  >>

     OK, our boy shows up at a town that's being wiped out by a small army of
demons. You can start out with him finding on what's going on and shooting
his way into the town as a sort of segway into the four points.

     For Humility, a demon has a beautiful woman in its arms and is just
about to assault her when the hero walks in. The demon panics and threatens
to kill the woman unless the templar is willing to drop his weapon, get down
on his hands and knees, and beg for mercy. If the hero does this, the demon
releases the woman and lets down its guard long enough for him to kill it. If
he cops an attitude, the demon cuts the woman's throat and then kills the
hero.

     For Honour, the hostage that the templar just rescued runs into his
arms, thanking him profusely for saving her. She begs him to run away with
her and get out of the doomed town before it's too late. If he says no, she
says she will wait for him, finds a safe hiding place, and starts tending to
the wounds of the townsfolk. If he says yes, she transforms into a demon and
kills him when his guard is down.

     For Faith, there can be a bit more demon fighting, and then our hero
finds himself in front of the town cemetary, where a portal to the Hunting
Grounds has opened up. A huge, mean-looking demon is standing over this
portal guarding it. Before the templar can enter, the town librarian runs up
to him in a panic. Apparently, the old man has found a copy of the Codex of
Al-arein in the back of his shelves. It's a very, very powerful occult tome,
and our hero could wipe out every demon in town just by reading one of the
passages. The only problem is that the appropriate passage opens contains the
phrase "May my soul be forfeit in order that my enemies perish amidst fire
and pain." If the templar reads the book and destroys the demons, every demon
in town is wiped out, but the portal remains open. A hideous monster emerges
from it, and pulls the screaming hero into oblivion.

     For Sacrifice, our hero defeats the demon lord in the graveyard. The
wounded demon lord runs back into the portal, which begins to close behind
him. If the templar allows the monster to escape, it will eventually regain
its strength and enter the world of man once more. But if he gives chase and
destroys the beast, he will be stuck in the Hunting Grounds forever.

                                        ---Ghoull

Check out my web site at http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jukebox
Political news, incisive cultural commentary, AND pictures of Mr T.
What more d'you want?