Re: [DL] Still looking for ideas...

<< They are Humility, Honour, Faith and Sacrifice (I wont repost the entire
 document covering them in detail; the names are fairly self-explanitory).
 Ideally, I want to cover all four in the same dream, which I imagine to
take
 no more than three or four hours real time (although it could of course be
 considerably shorter).  >>

Here is my thoughts on the whole situation...  Demons are not really the way
to go with tests of convictions.  More mundane types of challenges would be
more to my likeing...

look through all your books and find the badest nastyiest relics in the
game.  Or make some up if they aren't nasty enough.  Four should do it but
there could be several for each test if you like.  Just remember two or
three of the best relics in the game are swords that belong to really nasty
people and have really bad side effects.  Even if he doesn't get to keep
them haveing a mysterious and dark stranger give him corteze's sword to
defeat a band of mexican bandits might be great but will he be able to cope
with the backlash?  Ask again is it very honorable to use a sword that will
make you invinceable if it forces you to kill you enemies in the most foul
way possible?  Honor, Faith, Ect.

Finally I would recomend a good black magician and a mortal wound.  You may
place the mortal wound on the black magician or on the hero.  If the hero
heals the magician he promotes evil, if he allows himself to be healed by
the dark magic his corruption is complete and he will have failed to
maintain his faith.

Just a few non-lethal suggestions

Ron Conner