Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000721

I'm slowly learning that, as much as I largely dislike GW, they really
know how to put out a minitures game.  Of course, PEG couldn't/shouldn't
try to mimic them in that regard.  The reason for the low cost of the
Codeces is because GW doesn't even profit on their book sales; the books
are there to sell the figures.  PEG has to make a profit on everything,
since the number of figures you need for GRW is much less than for 40k
(unless you're me, but that's another story).
As for giving color photos of the figures, that'd be nice, but I believe
Shane said they would have big problems doing that awhile back. I don't
know about using them as guides for how the figures should be painted,
since most troops in GRW would be far too differently painted. For the
troops with actual uniforms, any decent book on the Civil War has
guidelines for you.

--
From Whom It May Concern,
Rich A Ranallo