Re: [DL] Looking for Gamers (in all the wrong places)

Okay, this caught my attention and I wanted to respond
with a question.  Is this normal for most of you?  If
so, let me be the first to say I'm sorry.  As players,
our group live and breathe our current characters.
There isn't a day that goes by we don't do -something-
either in character, like conversations, or at least
something about the game.

Example: Professor Jackson is a werewolf.  Despite an
absolutely brilliant result on his alchemy at the end
of last session, he's still working for a permanent
cure.  Our Marshall decided that the player should
come up with different justifications for lines of
research he's pursuing, like blood infection and
antibodies, using silver in small amounts to "destroy"
the infection, developing "moon block,"....  This has
been a big topic of conversation for everyone now, as
we try to pool our collective player knowledge to give
Jackson in-character ideas.

Then there's me.  I think it's a disease or something,
because I am incapable of -not- doing stuff to support
our games.  I buy music, I write not only in-character
journals but keep a record of sessions, including a
person, place and thing list.  I print out stuff for
the Marshall, I designed a composite picture for the
cover of the Marshall's errata binder, I -made- the
binders with all the copies of stuff we need to
reference in it, I read the forums and this list for
ideas....  Yes, I'm obsessed.  What's scarier is that
I do this for EVERY SINGLE game I play, and thus have
-no- bookshelf space anymore!

I personally love doing stuff to support a game, and I
feel it's my responsibility as a player to not only
build a good character, but to read ALL the books, to
play in character, and to do stuff that supports
everyone having fun in game.  And that includes
everything from feeding the Marshall's Boston Market
craving to knowing not only the base rules, but the
modifications we've made to them.

I'm here to think AND have fun!

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen

--- Mike Buckalew <mike_buckalew@filemaker.com> wrote:
> I strongly recommend that the players read the posse
> section of the books
> appropriate their character.  I have a few that have
> taken me up on this,
> but other than lunchtime conversation and occasional
> email flurrys, the
> players don't spend much time on the game outside of
> the sessions.

=====

Marguerite