Re: [DL] only a little OT, or not even, really.

aniballi@mc.net wrote:

<snip>

Top five RPGs?  Well, this one changes every time the question's asked ...

It's usually something like

1.  Over the Edge
2.  Deadlands
3.  Call of Cthulhu (either 1920's or Delta Green)
4.  Legend of the Five Rings
5.  Werewolf: the Apocalypse

That's really only a question of world background, though.  About half the
time I use the GURPS rules anyway just for the simplicity; I only make
exceptions for cases like Deadlands where the mechanics are part of the
game's flavor.  (GURPS would be #6 on the list, because I like the system
but find the genre worldbooks [Fantasy, Space, Horror, etc.] uninteresting.)

Below #6 we start getting into games like TOON, Paranoia, and Star Wars
that I enjoy playing but would never try to campaign.  They're mostly for
one-shots when I'm too tired to run something with meat to it.

--
R. Serena Wakefield (raistw@gate.net)
Visit Serena's Roleplaying Dojo:  http://welcome.to/serenasdojo/