Re: [DL] bodyless horsemen

--- Jolly Roger <philipp.savun@VR-Web.de> wrote:
> Hallo you all,
>

> after a one-year-break I`m going to wear my badge
> again. But I have
> forgotten, that the last session ended with a
> problem:
>
> My Mexican Player, Fernandez was killed by a
> vampire`s bite in the chest
> in the Night Train adventure. The remaining posse
> decided to cut of his
> head and burn his body. So far so good...
> ...but he drew a joker!
> That means I have to face a bodyless Harrowed!
> Now the questions:

My 2 cents which don't count for much:

1) Pick up a copy of RVC2.  He was killed by a vampire
bite, ergo he will rise as a vampire.  Vampires cannot
become harrowed so they do not draw.  The posse then
killed him as a vampire, so now he's dead.

2) Make him an NPC abomination.  Cross him between a
pengillian and living head (sorry, don't have my RVC2
with me).  Have him come back to torment the posse for
destroying his body.

3) There is no 3.  Seriously.  He died, the posse then
destroyed his body.  There are only 2 choices, accept
him as dead, or make him an abomination, ergo making
him an NPC.  You could bring him back as a ghost, but
then that also falls under the NPC/abomination
catagory.

4) Ok, it seems you really, really, really want to
bring him back as a player character.  Personally I'd
think he should just roll up a new one and accept his
fate (helps keep the 'death is fatal and something you
want to avoid' mentality going), but if you really
want to keep him then have the following:

The vampirism did not have enough time to take
complete hold before his body was severed from his
head, and so he comes back harrowed.  His body was
still burned, but not destroyed/turned to ash.  Give
him 5 levels of degeneration and explain that his body
is now mostly charred bone held together by some lose
pieces of skin.  His head is still intact/undamaged,
so with heavy clothing he might be able to hide his
appearance.  Reduce all his physical stats by one die
type to also represent the torture inflicted on his
body.  Finally give him an unnatural appetite for
fresh human blood (after all some of the vampirism
lingers in him).  As a bonus give him the ability to
remove his head from his body, and still maintain
control over it.

-Munch Wolf