Re: [DL] bodyless horsemen

Jolly Roger wrote:

> Hallo you all,
>
> after a one-year-break I`m going to wear my badge again. But I have
> forgotten, that the last session ended with a problem:
>
> My Mexican Player, Fernandez was killed by a vampire`s bite in the chest
> in the Night Train adventure. The remaining posse decided to cut of his
> head and burn his body. So far so good...
> ...but he drew a joker!
> That means I have to face a bodyless Harrowed!
> Now the questions:
>
> 1.    Does Reconstruction give him back his body (it was cut off and
> burnt before he got a Harrowed, but on the other     side it was not
> what killed him)?
>
> 2.    Anyone there who has a better idea of what to make out of this
> charakter? You must know the PC was one (shot)gunslinging mexican giant
> not afraid of any opponent (as long as they are natural, his gutsscore
> is less then bad!) and his player is that hack`n`slash sort you know
> perhaps from those shadowrunners(hi Allan, was there any order in your
> top-five list?-). I guess I  have the chance to get this player a little
> more subtle, now. I think of a flying head or a ghostbody(though what I
> read in the BotD didn`t satisfy me very well). He should be able to
> interact in the physical world at least a little bit.
>
> 3.    What happens to the soulbody going to the hunting grounds when the
> original body is burnt or otherwise destroyed(I can`t imagine a walking
> pile of char)?
>
> Nonofficials are also welcomed to let they`re inspirations flow freely!
> I`m grateful for every advice or hint!
>
> Yours sincerly
>
> Marshal Jolly

>         unsubscribe deadlands

Ok, how bout a variation on the Harrowed head creature from RVC2, tweek it a
bit, and choose his powers for him.  Take the Hell wind power (The one that
lets harrowed ride on tornadoes), and give him the ability to graft his head
temporarily to new bodies.  Make it last a couple days or so before the body
stops responding.  And everytime he kills someone "Just" to get a new
body... black chip.  Also haunt him with the dreams of the body he stole.
Have fun with it.

--D