Combat or not? (was Re: [DL] only a little OT, or not even, really.)

> Be honest - in most RPG's, even Deadlands, the entire system is
> geared *around* or at least *towards* combat, but Vampire was
> different.)

I don't agree.  I don't mean about Vampire, which I've never seen.  I
mean about Deadlands.  I think it's the players (OK, and the Marshal)
who decide whether it's all about the combat or not.  I'm not a major
RPG player, but I'm sure that there must be plenty of other systems
that aren't purely "fight or stay home."