Re: [DL] bodyless horsemen

At 7/26/00 01:37 AM +0200, you wrote:
 >Hallo you all,
 >

 >after a one-year-break I`m going to wear my badge again. But I have
 >forgotten, that the last session ended with a problem:
 >
 >My Mexican Player, Fernandez was killed by a vampire`s bite in the chest
 >in the Night Train adventure. The remaining posse decided to cut of his
 >head and burn his body. So far so good...
 >....but he drew a joker!
 >That means I have to face a bodyless Harrowed!

Evil.

 >Now the questions:
 >
 >1.    Does Reconstruction give him back his body (it was cut off and
 >burnt before he got a Harrowed, but on the other     side it was not
 >what killed him)?

Nope.  What was gone before the harrowed finishes settling in is gone forever.

 >2.    Anyone there who has a better idea of what to make out of this
 >charakter? You must know the PC was one (shot)gunslinging mexican giant
 >not afraid of any opponent (as long as they are natural, his gutsscore
 >is less then bad!) and his player is that hack`n`slash sort you know
 >perhaps from those shadowrunners(hi Allan, was there any order in your
 >top-five list?-). I guess I  have the chance to get this player a little
 >more subtle, now. I think of a flying head or a ghostbody(though what I
 >read in the BotD didn`t satisfy me very well). He should be able to
 >interact in the physical world at least a little bit.

Well - he can.  He can fly up and bite people.  :-)
He might want to take the power that gives him walking dead followers -
that way he can have someone carry him around.

 >3.    What happens to the soulbody going to the hunting grounds when the
 >original body is burnt or otherwise destroyed(I can`t imagine a walking
 >pile of char)?

It doesn't really enter the hunting ground in the case of a harrowing.  The
manitou keeps it handy while it settles in.

 >Nonofficials are also welcomed to let they`re inspirations flow freely!
 >I`m grateful for every advice or hint!

Seriously - ask the player if he is willing to play such a character.  Very
few manitou would bother to inhabit such a body, and the player is
uncomfortable with the limited options, you have a way out.

But it would make an awesome villian to throw against the posse later.  :-)

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

Why did the chicken cross the road?