Re: [DL] Re: Top Five Favourites

Well here are my top favorites

1.  Deadlands Weird West
    What can I say, I love the west, and hucksters just kick so much ass,  a
card playing magician.  I was in heaven the day I found a game I could join
using this system .

2.  Vampire the Dark Ages
    Say what you like about combat heavy vs roleplaying, its the group that
akes the choice.  In the last 10 sessions I have run of VtDA, I have only had
3 major combat encounters.  Instead the focus of the plot is more about
Machiavellian political machinations.  My group seems to thrive on this type
of intrigue and as it furthers role-playing the caharcaters I am all for it.

3.  Vampire the Masquerade
    I repeat the prior statemtn here.  As for the actual sourcebooks, I don't
use them as verbatim, I chose one city and focused the overall plot of the
game there.  Sure each city has their own issues, so does each faction, but
the ST can choose to focus on those or the larger concepts.  I have found
with my groups that they don't play stereo typical characters.  I have seen
many varying concepts that fall outside of the conventional ones.  One of the
most important things I have taught them is just because your character is
insane doesn't mean he/she is a Malkavian, and just becuase he/she is evil
doesn't mean they are Sabbat.  As with all games it is the unique spark of
personality given to the character by the player that makes it memorable and
unique.

4.  Hell on Earth
    I haven't played it much but the setting is interesting.  I do like what
I have seen so far.

5.  AD&D
       Weaned on it and currently looking for a new game in the area.