Re: [DL] Card-based Initiative

> Munchkins be damned in any event.

Hear hear! Oh, wait... umm, I'll get back to you. :-)

> I LOVE the cards and chips aspect of the game!  Moreso than the 'zillions
> of dice' aspect, to be sure (the dice are fun, but man, do you need a lot
> of 'em, and man, do they take up tablespace!).

Hey, I *like* having lots of dice (gives you stuff to do when the GM's busy
paying attention to other people's characters *g*). That, and you can
colour-code them and arrange them in nifty little patterns... okay, stopping
now.

> It feels Western, and I particularly LOVE the fact that, once number of
> actions are determined, sequence of actions is another thing entirely (and
> the cards as placeholders works so well for that -

Plus, there's the added bonus of being able to actually put a card "up your
sleeve" physically (yes, it's lame, I know, but I find it fun), then
whipping it out when the Marshal's least expecting it and saying "Hah! I
draw a bead and shoot the bugger!" or something along those lines, depending
on your character.

> One of our players (hi Jason if you've joined the list yet!) consistently
> gets 3-4 Action cards, and they are consistently deuces through about
> fives.  I think he's ready to murder someone over it after a few sessions
> of this.

Given the length of your combats, we *all* end up getting deuces through
fives a lot, it just so happens that Jason gets them first. Plus, if he went
bust less often he'd probably do better :-)

> And no, as far as I cna tell, neither Daphne nor Daniel is stacking the
> deck against him...  <g>

Well, I *am* the one who shuffles the deck, but if I'm doing any stacking,
then it must be subconscious. *g*

Daphné
--
 "I've really got to learn to just do the damage and get out of town. It's
the 'stay and gloat' that gets me every time."