[DL] Tallies for favourite RPG votes

OK, so I probably should have been working, but instead I slacked off for an
hour and tallied up all the votes for the list's favourite roleplaying game.
You have had 2 days to get your votes in, so anyone who missed out, tough.

I tallied the scores as follows:

Every game on each list got points added to it's personal tally. A first
place was worth 10 points, second 8 points, third 6 points, fourth 4 points
and fifth 2 points. "Honorable mentions" or anything ranked after fifth got
one point each. Ties were solved by both games getting the next lower score
(so if someone listed two games as tied for first place, each would get 8
points. A tie for third would give each 4 points, etc).

Notes:
* All AD&D variants (Darksun, Planescape) were all lumped together as AD&D.
* All references to "Deadlands" I assumed were Weird West. Any reference to
"All Deadlands games" I scored as a tie between HOE and WW.
* Some decisions had to be made on my part as to what was meant with peoples
votes. Live with it.
* I ignored Tim Denee's vote which had Deadlands as all 4 top places and HOE
as #5. One vote per game, sorry Tim.

Each game's tally is divided by the total of all tallys to get a percentage
score. The top five games (as determined by the list) are:

Game				Score	Percent

Deadlands WW			282	27.14
Call of Cthulhu			120	11.55
Deadlands HOE			102	9.82
AD&D				43	4.14
Star Wars			42	4.04

No surprises here really. Deadlands rockets away with 27% of the total vote
(the total tally was 1039). I was surprised Star Wars came out 5th, but
other than that, pretty much what I expected.

If anyone is interested, here are (in order) the rest of the games.

Game				Score	Percent

Deadlands			282	27.14
Call of Cthulhu			120	11.55
Hell on Earth			102	9.82
AD&D				43	4.14
Star Wars			42	4.04
Warhammer FRPG		28	2.69
Vampire			26	2.50
Traveller				24	2.31
Castle Falkenstein		20	1.92
Amber				16	1.54
Champions			16	1.54
Feng Shui			15	1.44
GURPS				15	1.44
Werewolf			14	1.35
Chill				14	1.35
Over the Edge			14	1.35
Heavy Gear			14	1.35
Paranoia			12	1.15
Vampire Dark Ages		12	1.15
Unknown Armies		12	1.15
In Nomine			11	1.06
Gamma World			11	1.06
Blue Planet			10	0.96
Shadowrun			10	0.96
Runequest			10	0.96
Star Trek LUG			9	0.87
Mage the Ascention		9	0.87
Twilight 2000			9	0.87
Space Master			8	0.77
Silent Death			8	0.77
Cyberpunk 2020			8	0.77
Delta Green			8	0.77
7th sea				6	0.58
Torg				6	0.58
Daredevils			6	0.58
Legend of the 5 rings		6	0.58
Pandemonium			6	0.58
Earthdawn			6	0.58
T.M.N.T				5	0.48
Boot Hill			4	0.38
Brave New World		4	0.38
Elric				4	0.38
Beyond the Supernatural		4	0.38
Changeling			4	0.38
Human Occupied Landfill	3	0.29
Ars Magica			2	0.19
Hunter - the Reckoning		2	0.19
Toon				2	0.19
Rifts				2	0.19
Stygium (home made)		2	0.19
Marvel Super Heroes		2	0.19
Bushido 			2	0.19
Tales of the floating vagabond	1	0.10
Rolemaster			1	0.10
Blade runner PC Game		1	0.10
Top Secret			1	0.10
Gangbusters			1	0.10
The morrow project		1	0.10
Living Steel			1	0.10
Kult				1	0.10
All flesh must be eaten		1	0.10

Brian "You can see how interesting my job is" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a
twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals
out there. Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on
fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.