[DL] Re: hucksters

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 00:55:37 -0400
> From: coburn@sympatico.ca
> Subject: [DL]

> I may rot in Hell for this, but I can keep silent no longer.

(Yes, you will)

> I loathe hucksters.  Don't even use 'em in my game in fact.  They, and mad
> Scientists (to a lesser degree; when used gently they're less of a burden)
> are, to me, pollutants in the Weird West.

AHHH! I adore hucksters. I would say that since they risk life and limb to
cast a simple spell, that pretty much nullifies (at least reduces) most
munckinsism with them. Plus, you have to draw cards after rolling, and
there's little way to cheat that. (and if you're playing with people who
actively cheat, they're going to suck no matter what they're playing).

Hucksters are what pulled me into this game to begin with. ...and I've taken
9d10 damage to my own Noggin' for playing one, and loved every minute of it.
The system is brilliant.

So you're wrong. ;-)

> Of course, this is just my opinion; you may be wrong.  <g>  I'm sure many
> of you just adore the little munchki, er, fellows...  <g>

I've found munchkins don't tend to play hucksters very long because they
hurt themselves too often. Whereas a 2 Fisted, 2 Gun Kid with speed draw 5,
speed load 5, 6 speed load cylinders and a shootin' of 5 rarely hurt
anything but whatever they're shootin' at. Hell, I've munchkined characters
for Overawe before (5d12+8 starting out), but can't find a way to make a
huckster that never takes backlash.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just I haven't seen it. Out of curiosity,
what have you seen that makes you feel they're "munchkiny"? (aside from the
potential 9d10/automatic death from a Soul Blast, I mean...)  ;-)

> Signing off and donning that Smith & Robards asbestos underwear now...

Hey! You have no Mad Scientists, you can't wear that!  ;-)

Sinister "contains 10% munchkin" Dexter
sinisterdexter@mindspring.com