Re: [DL] lucky players and amazing rolls

--- Fuzyn9feet <Fuzyn9feet@email.msn.com> wrote:
> Ya well that may be illogical but it works in a
> pinch. Remember this is
> coming from a guy who will not play in a game that
> the GM's girlfriend is
> in. TOO many lucky thing happen for them (I blaming
> both equally here so no
> one get made. The woman need to say something about
> it and the whipped smuck
> should know better in the first place).
> OTOH I have been in one game with a woman running
> and her husband playing
> and she seemed to go harder on him than us.

Okay, I'm going to chime in here.  I am our GM's SO,
and he is almost -always- harder on me.  Granted, half
of that is at my own request.  I want to be good, and
the best way to do that is to have it rough.  I will
admit that there have been times in the past when we
were first together that this was an issue, but I but
an end to that bull and grew up.

In general, though, I agree with you; GM's can easily
feel pressured into making things easier on their SO,
especially when that person's not a regular player and
they want to make the SO feel included.

> I've never seen a
> difference in the males to females ratio in high
> rolling.

Thanks for the feedback, having a "stupid player
trick" refuted feels nice.

Oh, and please notice I've tried to make these
comments are gender-neutral as possible; (a) I don't
like to stereotype, and (b) I -do- live near San
Francisco.  *wink*

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen