[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000728-1

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:34:54 -0700
> From: Fuzyn9feet@email.msn.com
> Subject: Re: [DL] lucky players and amazing rolls
>
> > --- travis lide <sinisterdexter@mindspring.com> wrote:

<SNIP!>

> > > Hell, even John Goff got to see her do it at Origins
> > > during our
> > > Deadlands:Doomtown game. It was uncanny.
> >
> > Just a thought:  maybe it's a "chic" thing?  No
> > seriously, I keep hearing this is much more common
> > with women.  Any guesses why?  And I don't want to
> > hear about "well girls can get away with cheating".  I
> > find that as insulting as it is illogical.
>
> Ya well that may be illogical but it works in a pinch. Remember this is
> coming from a guy who will not play in a game that the GM's girlfriend is
> in. TOO many lucky thing happen for them (I blaming both equally here so
no
> one get made. The woman need to say something about it and the whipped
smuck
> should know better in the first place).

Bah. My villains shoot at whomever is 1-closest, 2-has done damage to them,
or 3-who has the most chips.. ;-)  I have no problem with killing my
girlfriend's character off.
If I'm unsure who should be attacked, I number the players and roll a die.

> OTOH I have been in one game with a woman running and her husband playing
> and she seemed to go harder on him than us.

I don't purposefully go harder or easier on anyone, although I'll generally
try to drain everyone's chips before I try to really kill one of them.
Unless their character is being particularly annoying, as was the case in a
HoE game a while back. Some syker Meat Puppeted my villain, so his Flesh Pet
(a Glom basically) beat the snot out of him. ;-)

> But in all seriousness the first HoE game I ran the one of the players
> rolled at least a 20 every other roll, and he was a guy. I've never seen a
> difference in the males to females ratio in high rolling.

I roll more 19s and 20s when I Marshal than when I play. Of course, this is
probably due to the fact that I roll more hit locations when I Marshal, so
it happens by default.

Sinister "..I rolled a 1" Dexter
sinisterdexter@mindspring.com