Re: [DL] Worst Games

> any game system can be a bad or good experience depending on the GM/player
dynamic.

I completely agree.

> 1.  Star Frontiers.

Never played it.

> 2.  MERP.

Also known as RoleMaster, Lite.  Even watered down, RoleMaster is too
clunky, anal-retentively detailed a system.  Personally, I wouldn't run MERP
because I respect Tolkien's work too much and know I could not do it
justice.  It's also like playing Star Wars - the temptation to use Frodo,
Gimli, et al, was too much my GM to resist and we ended up with The Ring,
for a short tiime.  Even though it was my character that had it, Howie votes
two thumbs down.

> 3.  Oeil Noir  (Black Eye)

Never played it.

> 4.  Shadowrun.

I have been running Shadowrun since it came out in '89, with less than a
year of down-time between campaigns.  I think the setting is great, one of
the very few decent magic/machine blendings that works.  The system, well,
no game system is perfect and Shadowrun is a little less perfect than
others, but it has gotten better with each new edition.  Unfortunately, FASA
has started supporting it less and less and treating it like the bastard,
red-headed stepchild of the family.  (Not unlike how ICE treated Champions,
when they had it.)

> 5.  Warhammer

Well, they did have all of that setting material someone pulled out of their
butts for the miniatures game . . .