Re: [DL] Combat streamlining

On Sun, 30 July 2000, "Leybourne, Brian" wrote:

> > When you subdivide the table into left and right, > > it becomes easier to adjust your aim (change the
> > to hit roll) to hit the arm on the other side of
> > the torso, then it is to hit the torso inbetween.
>
> Ah, I see what you're saying.

I would be inclined to leave it alone, for this reason.  In combat, no one ever presents you with a target like the hit location table outlines.  (I'm thinking of the full-frontal figure of a medicine comercial - you know what I mean.)

Go ahead and draw your imaginary pistol for fanning, or set up in your sniping postion, or even run past the gattling guns field of fire.  Look at where the arms are.  Pretty close, eh?  There's no real torso to go through there.

Of cource, YMMV, but the location table's illogic seems consistant. ;-)

Jeff "For once taking the less die rolls is better stance" Tolle

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html