Re: [DL] Hand-to-Hand and guns

> The way I'm running it at the moment, anyone trying to shoot in
hand-to-hand
> adds their opponent's DB+Fightin' to their shootin' TN. Longarms get an
> additional -2 (or -4, depending on what I'm feeling like).

John Hopler's worked that up for Waste Warriors and once we get the final
word on it, we'll probably put it on the webpage or in the Epitaph (or both,
since it's a good question).

IIRC, you're pretty on the money with your solution, with one
exception--_no_ longarms in hand-to-hand. See below for what to do.

> Now, I know anyone can just move away, but a proper fighter would continue
> to press forward. I give people a quickness roll to disengage from combat
as
> an action.

Again, IIRC, John made it an opposed _fightin'_ roll. A good opponent will
know to press his attack and know how to keep his punching bag tied up
(grabbing the gun, etc.). It also makes it a bigger concern for trigger
happy heroes to go trying to...(wait for it)...bring a gun to a fistfight.
;-)

We've been working with that (and I hope I'm doing it right! <g>) for a bit
and it seems a good tweak. Guns still have the edge in range and damage, but
if your character doesn't know how to use his fists, he'd best stay out of
reach...

John
John