Re: [DL] More cool firearms

In a message dated 08/06/2000 10:29:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
marshal_dude@excite.com writes:

> Walt "Who needs magic, I gots me a gun" Carmichael
>
>  On this particular topic I recall a listing from another steve jackson
book.
>  The munchkin's guide to powergaming.

Before anybody assumes this is a flame, I wan to assure you that it is not my
intent to do so.  I simply recall the "gunslingers are munchkins" thread a
few days ago, and wanted to say that,hopefully as most of you know, not all
gunsligers are munchkin.  I would hope, though you could ask The Baron, if
you wish, that I am included in the non munchkin class.
I do typically play hucksters or harrowed, but rarely take soul blast, and
the reason I made the sig line had more to do with the topic than my
character choice.  Truth be told, with some of the monsters The Baron uses,
bullets don't always work on them due to size, armor, or other more Marshall
related reasons.  I guess my point is, in addition to the prior one, if you
have problems with munchkins and their guns, make the guns less effective.
We once fought a size 15 tree creature with an AV of 3 or 4.  Now you tell me
how usefull a gun that shoots d4's after the armor rating is.  Not much, but
is was blast finding alternative ways to take the beast down.  My hats off to
you Baron for making us think on our feet.  ;)

Walter "God I love it when a plan just falls to pieces" Carmichael