Re: [DL] Martial Arts balance

>  Try "Iron Monkey" or the "Once Upon A
>Time In China" series (especially the last one, where Wong Fei-hung goes
>to the Wild West!), or really anything recently directed by Yuen
>Woo-Ping.

Iron Monkey is one of the greatest films of all time.  really.

I do like it actually.

>On the whole, the only advice I can give a Marshal, after dealing with a
>party containing between 2-3 martial artists at once, is: make shit up.
>If the Posse has a Martial Artist, have them fight against one
>occasionally.  Or, throw more badguys at them and have the badguys
>center on the Martial Artist (do you think nobody in the Wierd West
>knows about these guys yet?)

Or just the tried and true HoE technique of keep throwing shit at them till
their chi runs out.

>As advice to another Posse member, having to stand in the shadow of a
>Martial Artist who's stealing the show, try to work with them, not
>against them.  See my Seize the Pearl of Death cheat above.  Also, try
>to ask your fellow Posse member to keep his or her Martial Art shticks
>to himself, in a seperate fight.  No Frag stealing, so to speak.

I dunno, our Martial Artist is sometimes outclassed by our Huckster, which
really irritates her, given the Huckster has a looooong list of spells,
Soul Blast and Soul Burst only being two (and with the new MD system, soul
burst is pretty serious.) while all she can do is fight and use medicine to
heal (which the Huckster can beat out with Helpin' Hand and Reanimate on
that Harrowed whom Medicine won't heal).

Has caused tension before.  Of course, when the Huckster is hit, he tends
to go splat alot faster she than does (typical AD&D fighter/mage scenario I
guess)

>Any questions?  Comments?  Did I cover everything?  Sorry for the
>length, BTW.

s'OK.

TBS