Re: [DL] Martial Arts balance

> Iron Monkey is one of the greatest films of all time.  really.

I'm becoming more partial to Tai Chi Master (or Twin Warriors,
whatever).  But either way, Yuen Woo-Ping is the master of the wire
gag.  For those of you not into this sort of thing, Woo-Ping
choreographed all the fight scenes in The Matrix.

You know that theory that a good director can get a good bit of acting
from any actor?  Well, Woo-Ping got good Kung Fu out of Keanu Reeves.

> Or just the tried and true HoE technique of keep throwing shit at them till
> their chi runs out.

I'm sorry, but I think you're confusing that tactic with Night Train :-)
(sorry Goff, had to)

> Has caused tension before.  Of course, when the Huckster is hit, he tends
> to go splat alot faster she than does (typical AD&D fighter/mage scenario I
> guess)

Well, see, that's the thing.  A Huckster can dish out a good portion of
damage, but if one was to explore a damage/bounty experience track, the
Martial Artist would probably win out.  Also, the Martial Artist would
risk less when trying to deal out the big dice, and he'd also be able to
dodge and take hits.  Whereas the Huckster wouldn't.
--
                      Chris Nelson <cnelsonweb@hotmail.com>
                                             HTML Terrorist