Re: [DL] Martial Arts balance [final]

Hi everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all the
input on this thread before I basically drop it.  I
had a heart-to-heart with the GM which, while he
wasn't happy with me, did clear up some of the
problems I've been having.  Looks like I went looking
for information where I shouldn't have - bad player!

Suffice it to say I was having problems with not
having access to systemic knowledge as a player, and
that's been resolved a bit now.  Come on Maggie, time
to head to Shan Fan!

For a bit of clarification to some comments and to try
and wrap this up, let me say a few things:

1.  I didn't see the NPC's stats, obviously, and so
when I was grilling the GM for answers, he misquoted
the prices of some things.  No malice or cheating was
involved, and to be honest I resent the implication;
it was an honest mistake which I latched onto in a
short-lived fit of frustration.

2.  The "non chippable" damage was not in fact a part
of the ch'i power but a GM call.  Enough said on that.

3.  Yes, the posse was stupid!  Come on, 9 against 5
any way you look at it is still unfair, even without
martial arts and ch'i.  Suffice it to say that even if
I, the player, didn't get the systemic information I
was looking for, the characters sure learned a whole
lot.  Shoot the yeller man from range comes most
prevenaltly to mind!

Honestly, I'd like to discuss this more once I've
earned the right to read the martial arts rules, and
have a more informed opinion.  Thanks again for the
input, and sorry for the minor temper tantrum.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen.