Re: [DL] Martial Arts balance

This is from my Martial in a HoE game, he's not on the list but I send him
things from all the lists he might like:

Okay, now I must preface this with that I do not know a WHOLE lot about the
MA system.  However, I do know that I just recently got one in my HOE game
and found that he is more powerful than almost any other character.

So that said, let's take a look.  Everyone was saying that it was so
expensive, however, the new system is not Nearly as expensive to buy
beginning or to use (with regaining chi).  So we take a power like Seize the
Pearl of Death.  And we'll take an example out of my game.  The MA was
fighting a ED-209 effectively, and was shot with two bursts of 9 bullets
each.  5 rounds landed on the character and would have totally toasted him,
however, he Seized and threw back the bullet, destroying the robot.  Granted
very cool move, but waaaaaayyyyy to powerful.  This move cost the MA chi
(which is now regained by resting) and his highest card to vamoose.  But
still, the power lasts until THE CHARACTER'S NEXT ACTION?!!  This means if
his highest card was a deuce he could Seize until the next combat round.
And this is fair.  Granted he must have the chi to do it, but that goes for
any and all powers in the book.  Compare that to a Templar--they don't have
anywhere close to that level of power.  and a Syker--maybe has one or two
powerful stuff (Aztec Surprise, or Boneripper) but these take active actions
and several cards to activiate.  The only one who is even close in power is
a doomsayer and that is only if they have several edges to give them the
strain to do more than 2-3 powers in an entire combat.  But yet almost all
of you out there say that it is not overpowerful?  Take a well-made new MA
versus a well made new Templar and the MA would win (even with guns).  The
same holds true for a syker (although a little more evenly matched).  A
junker would get his ass kicked, a normie would get his ass kicked.  Again,
a Doomsayer would probably hold his own if not win, simply by the massive
damage powers that he could have.  So I have to agree with Maggie Jensen in
the MA seems a lot more powerful than your typical character or even AB.  I
hope the new rules from HExarcana (which I have not yet read, but have
gathered a lot fo info from on this list) even things out better.

Sammy "not on the list but still lisoning" Sepulveda