Re: [DL] Lost Edges

> Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 14:18:25 -0700 (PDT)
> From: horaceblack@yahoo.com
> Subject: [DL] Lost Edges
>
>    One of my player's character recently lost their
> animal companion, a dog named Bama.  The dog was shot
> up by some cyborgs and then the templar tried to stop
> his bleeding and botched, killing the dog off.  They
> buried Bama in the woods only to be awaked in the
> early morning by scratching sounds.  They discovered
> that Bama had dug his way out and with filmy eyes, a
> permanent limp and an oozing wound he was still living
> (as a harrowed).  Well needless to say this didn't sit
> to well with the party so they voted and put Bama down
> for good.
>    my question is should the character be able to find
> another animal companion (he did pay the points
> initial) or should he have to gain the edge again?
> Let me know what you guys think.
>                                     Horace Black

One of my players, an Indian character, had a horse as companion. It died due to some falling rocks while Wind Rider, Kat's character had Nine
Lives of a Cat and survived because the body of the horse shielded her.
Another player lend her a horse and after having finished this adventure Wind Rider prayed to the gods and went out to find another mustang. she
followed the herd for three days on foot and without eating and nearly got killed while trying to catch the stallion. She really played it out
and the rest of the posse accompanied her (and had time to solve some relation problems during this time, which did the moral no ends of good),
so I granted her the beast as new companion without buying the edge again...heck she save me from thinking of a story for the whole evening and
everybody enjoyed themselves, and I guess that should be rewarded....

Raven
--
The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.
   Mike Russel