RE: [DL] Newbie question

OK, this was an RTF so I do not know how well it converts to plain text but
its a quick step by step of combat under the 1st edition books. If there are
changes in 2nd edition (which I have purchased but have not read through to
see if there were any changes) please let me know and perhaps we can adjust
this.

If this is hard to follow please mail and ask me to send the RTF document. I
will be sure to include this doc on the new Accumulated Rules Website, god
forbid, I actually finish it some day.

Combat Cheat Sheet

The Action Deck:
· Actions:
· You need to make a Quickness roll (TN: 5) -subtract all penalties.
· You need to draw 1 card from the Action Deck plus 1 card for each multiple
of 5 on the Quickness roll. (On a botch you get no cards. Maximum number of
cards is 5.)
· If an Action Deck runs out of cards you are cheating. When someone draws
the Black Joker, finish the round and reshuffle Action Decks.
· Surprise: Requires Cognition check. (TN: 5) if you were expecting trouble
or (TN: 11) if you were completely unprepared. If your first roll is not
successful you may not draw cards that round and you may only draw cards the
next round if you make a successful guts check (TN: 5)
· Speed: Normal actions like drawing a weapon, firing, opening a door, have
a speed value. The speed value represents how many cards need to be used to
perform the action.  Only complex (normal) actions require action cards.
SIMPLE	Talking, Moving, resisting a hex, ritual, favor, miracle, or test if
Wills.
(these simple tasks can only be done simultaneously with a complex task on
an
action card)
COMPLEX	Drawing a weapon, Shooting, initiating a test of wills, reloading,
or movement that requires a Aptitude roll, making a stun check.
· Cheatin': Keeping a single card "up your sleeve". When you action card
comes up you can choose to place it up you sleeve. You may keep a cheat card
up your sleeve over several rounds. You may use this action at any time.
However if you want to interrupt someone else's action you must make an
opposed Quickness test.
· Jokers:  Jokers may never be placed "up your sleeve". The Red Joker allows
you to act at any time without an opposed Quickness test and you draw 1 Fate
chip. Black Jokers must be discarded along with you highest action card and
any sleeve card and the Marshal draws one Fate chip. You must also reshuffle
the action deck once the Black Joker is drawn.
· Skedaddlin': The number of yards a character can move is called its Pace.
The bace of a character is equal to its Nimbleness.
· Running can double your pace, but all actions are at -4
· Pickin'Up the Pace: Burn one wind point to add 1d4 to your Pace for that
round.
· Carrying a Load:
· Light: Weight is less than 3 times characters Strength. Pace is ¾ normal.
· Medium: Weight is less that 6 characters Strength. Pace is ½ normal
· Heavy: Weight is less than 10 characters Strength. Pace is ¼ normal.
· Test of Wills:  An opposed roll vs one of targets Aptitudes:
Test Aptitude	Opposed Aptitude
Bluff	Scrutinize
Overawe	Guts
Ridicule	Ridicule
· 1 success: Unnerved: -4 on next action
· 2 successes: Distracted: Unnerved plus loss of highest Action Card.
· 3 successes: Broken: Unnerved, Distracted, and draw one Faith chip

· Shootin': (TN: 5) plus range in yards divided by range modifier. Then add
modifiers:
Firer is running	-4	Total Concealment	-4	Called: Guts
-2
Firer is mounted	-2	Torchlight/Twilight	-4	Called:
Legs, Arms	-4
Firer is wounded	variable	Moonlight	-6	Called:
Head, Hands	-6
Target is moving	-4	Blind/Total Darkness	-8	Called:
Eyeball, Heart	-10
· Shotguns: Shooter adds +2 to their shootin': shotguns skill. Damage from
shotguns is based on range.  Base damage for s shotgun is 6d6 when the gun
is touching the target. For each additional 10 feet from the target decrease
the damage by 1d6. (i.e.  6d6 touching, 5d6 from 1-10 yds, 4d6 from 11-20
yds, 3d6 from 21-30 yds, and 2d6 31+ yds.)
· Automatic Weapons: Roll "Shootin': automatics". Figure target number
normally. On a successful "Shootin" roll one bullet hits plus one additional
bullet per raise. First bullet can be adjusted on target chart. All further
shots are non-adjustable. A burst is always 3 shots. Each addition burst in
one action round are at a +2 to the target number for a maximum of +6
· Special Maneuvers:
· Drawing a Bead:  You spend an action and get +2 to shootin' (up to +6)
· Fannin':  Only with a single action revolver. -2
· Hip Shootin': Allows the gunslinger to fire a speed 2 weapon in one action
at a -2 penalty to the die roll.
· Firing two guns:  Allows the use of two guns. -2 to primary hand and -4 to
off hand. Ambidexterity lowers this to -2 to each hand and the merit "Two
Gun Kid" removes the penalty all together.
· Rifle Spin: Used to fire a rifle and cock it with one hand. -2 to shootin'
roll.
· Throwin: Max Range is 5 yds. Per point of Strength. (TN: 5) plus
modifiers. On a miss roll 1d12 for direction and 1d20 for deviation on
thrown items or 2d20 for deviation on fired items.
· Innocent Bystanders: If an innocent is standing within a yard of a missed
target they are in on a 1in 6 chance.
· Fightin': (TN: 5) plus opponents Fightin' Aptitude.
· If using a small club or fist damage is rolled as usually. However the
victim them makes a vigor roll and reduces the damage roll by the number
generated on the vigor roll and applies the rest to Wind. If using larger
weapons the attacker can choose to do this non lethal damage or instead roll
damage and apply to size as normal with 3 mind per wound level.
· Vamoosin': "active defense", Throw away you highest action card, then make
a dodge or fightin' roll as appropriate. Now the TN of the attacker is the
greater of his normal TN or your dodge/fightin' roll.
· Cover: Roll 1d6: 1-3 the round is deflected. 4-6 it goes through the cover
and hits the target.
· Armor: Each level of Armor reduces the damage die type by one and then the
amount of dice by one.
· Light Armor: Apply light armors modifier to the damage die total. (ex
Leather -2 light armor would reduce the damage roll by 2)

· Hit Location:
Die Roll (1d20)	Location
1-4	Legs
5-9	Lower Guts
10	Gizzards
11-14	Arms
15-19	Upper Guts
20	Head
	Modifiers
+/- 1	Per Raise on the Attack Roll
+2	When fightin'
+2	Height advantage when Fightin'
+2	Point-blank Range for Fire Arms
· Prone Target: Unless attack hits the arms, upper guts, or noggin its a
miss.
· Bleedin' & Squeelin':  Roll all dice for damage and add them together.
(Reroll Aces or add Strength Trait roll)
· Add 1 extra die for damage on a hit to the Gizzards and 2 extra dice for
Noggin.
· For every full multiple of target's Size you cause one wound.
· Stun: When your character takes damage, make a Stun Check by rolling Vigor
against the wound level's target number.  If you fail you are stunned until
you make a recovery check against your highest would level TN.
Wound Level	Description	Modifier	TN
0	But Taken Wind	0	3
1	Light: irritating scratches	-1	5
2	Heavy: Multiple Bruises	-2	7
3	Serious: Bloody Cuts	-3	9
4	Critical: Internal Bleeding, Broken Bones	-4	11
5	Maimed: Limb Missing or Dead	-5	13

· Wind: For every wond level your character suffers, he also takes 1d6 Wind.
(Also 1d6 wind if he is hit by an attack but takes no wounds)
· Gettin' Winded: If you reach 0 Wind: You get no cards and every time you
take additional wind equal to your total Wind you take an additional wound
to the guts.
· Pain & Sufferin':
· Bleedin': Serious =1 wind/rnd, Critical =2 wind/rnd, Maimed 3 wind/rnd.
· Healing: Roll Medicine Aptitude for each area. A success reduces the wound
by one (1) level. Roll must be made within an hour of taking the wounds.
· Wind takes 5 minute.
· Light and Heavy: Takes up to half an hour and can be reduced using
Medicine: General.
· Serious and Critical: Takes up to an hour or two and can be reduced using
Medicine: Surgery.
· After the golden hour a character may make a vigor roll every 5 days to
reduce the wound by 1 level.
· Fate: Draw three chips at the beginning of each 6-8 hour session.
Color	Wounds Negated	Wind Regained	Die Roll	Bounty
White	1	5	one extra die	1
Red	2	10	one extra die added to the highest die rolled	2
Blue	3	15	same as red but marshal does not draw	3