[DL] scenarios (OT)

>By the way, I'd say Chaosium's only source of sales comes from
>adventures, but that's because the game is so difficult to run.  Also,
>it means they're not making much money.

Perhaps it is because I am biased, but I ran over 30 hours of Cthulhu at
Gencon and Origins for Chaosium (shameless plug), and granted I used my own
scenarios, but I have never found Cthulhu difficult to run...it is one of
the most basic systems out there I think.  I am not sure that is what you
meant by "difficult to run", but I run my regular group thru some of the
published stuff without any problems.  What is it that you find difficult,
as I am curious. I have never had a problem with running it.

And, I am happy to say that the Chaosium booth sold out of rule books on
Saturday.  I think part of the reason you say that the only source of sales
is from adventures is because the rules to Cthulhu haven't changed much thru
the various editions, but I am the first to admit that I buy nearly
everything that comes out, including the fiction.

Chaosium strikes me as one of those companies that stays alive because they
publish good stuff and they have a really loyal fan base.  I was talking
with Dustin (the guy who sort of runs the booth) and he said it seemed like
this year they got a whole new fan base.  Whether it was from all the games
that my friend and I ran I cannot say, but I know a lot of those people got
"turned on" by the game and were really enthusiastic.  I found that I was
soliciting people to play that were roaming the halls looking for something
to do and at first they were unsure, but I think nearly everyone enjoyed the
games.  And we had several repeat players from last year and this year as
well.

I hope this doesn't come across as rude or a flame, I was just curious about
your comment is all, as I run a lot of Cthulhu and have for years..

lisa

:)