RE: [DL] Universities and Mad Science

In my campaign, the justification for his Dinero edge was that his patent
for Independent Suspension (Necessary for large Steam Wagon/Steam Tank
design) was licensed to the Cleveland Company mentioned in BE:TN (Can't
recall the name....).

>     One question:  Is ghost rock strictly necessary for a mad
> science device
> to work or could a mad scientist invent some widget that doesn't need G.R.
> to work thus avoiding having his hands turn black?

For MAD science, yes (IMHO).  All the rest would be pure science.  There's
nothing to say, however, that a Manitou wouldn't provide a little advice on
how to advance normal science.

Matt