Re: [DL] Scenarios

"Phalen, Pat" wrote:

> >Near as I can tell, there are a few main ingredients to a good selling
> >sourcebook.
> >New Equipment
> >New Magic (or abilities, or whathaveyou)
> >New Character Classes
> >New Rules
>
> To summarize: Munchkin fodder...

Well, yes and no.  Take for instance, you're running a campaign of Hell
On Earth that involves high-speed chases through empty deserts, mad-max
style.  Because it's such an important feature in your adventure, you'd
probably want detailed rules for high-speed chases, right?

> So what does this all mean?
> Basically, source books have a *much* larger potential audience than
> adventures, which is why companies *tend* to produce more of them...
> I think that PEG does a decent job by adding adventures to the back of
> source books (when space allows), plus material that they have provided on
> their web site...

Right.  PEG's doing it the right way.  I'd say Palladium does a good
job, except most of their recent sourcebooks have been mostly 150+ pages
of worldbook information, and then 50+ pages of NPCs, rules and junk.

Now that I think about it, Atlas Games did a great job with their Over
The Edge line, considering that they would release cheap little
sourcebooks/adventures with a 50% mix of both in each book.
--
                      Chris Nelson <cnelsonweb@hotmail.com>
                                             HTML Terrorist