RE: [DL] Are We Doing It Correctly?

SOME SPOILERS

Seanchai,

It happens. My posse was playing Mr. Goff's now infamous PC Death Train and
they never even made it to the train.

One of the posse members took several biggun' flaws so he was a huge guy
named Simon Chance. He was quickly nicknamed "Fat" Chance and his the posse
the Fat Chance gang by association.

Anyway, Fat Chance was guarding the cell with the criminal in it. You know
the criminal that the town wants to hang and the deputy needs to convince
the posse to help protect. Well, I took John's suggestion in the rules and
made it a difficult decision as the criminal was very nasty. Chance and he
got into an argument after they had chased the lynch mob off.

Chance said something to the effect of, "Well, its clear who here is the
smart one since I am standing on the outside of the bars."

To which the captive responded, "Well, if the public is not measuring ones
intelligence by the size of their ass, you are clearly the smartest man in
the world."

Chance did not take it well and decided to fire his shotgun at the mans foot
and wound him.  After one of the most incredible die rolls I have ever
witnessed the captive took 11 wound levels to the foot and leg and died from
shock in the cell.

The gang then split out of town real quick before the deputy returned to see
they had murdered the guy and never witnessed the arrival of the train.

So, those incredible rolls do happen and you just have to live with them. It
is a gun fight after all and things like this can happen.

Wes