Re: [DL] Are We Doing It Correctly?

> 9) Siblings and friends, someone out there likes or is
> related to the villain and is willing to seek vengance
> (and he won't announce his intentions first except by
> the sound of glass breaking as a stick of dynamite
> flies through the window).

Heh. That reminds me of the sad tale of Arvin Clayton, the youngest (npc)
brother of some bad guys my posse gunned down in the fourth or fifth session
of my deadlands game (now into it's 50th session or so).

Arvin spent months of game time tracking down the posse after he discovered
they had killed his entire family. He made pacts with Manitou to know who
had killed his kin, and to be able to track them across the west (they
travel a lot). He pushed himself harder than any man ever had, and finally
found the posse resting in a saloon in Denver.

Arvin lit the fuse on his bundled sticks of dynamite and tossed it through
the window. The sticks landed right on the table the posse were sitting
around and exploded, killing all five of them instantly.

At least, that was the plan. What actually happened was that Arvin's
demolitions roll came up as a botch, as did his throwing roll. The result
was that the bundle bounced off the window and struck him in the chest,
knocking him backwards into a water trough. The dynamite went off in the
instant he submerged, severely denting and buckling the iron water trough
and throwing a stream of water and Arvin 20 feet or so into the air.

The posse, engaged in conversation with some saloon gals and enjoying the
piano music, didn't even hear the muffled 'whomp' of the sricks going off,
and wondered when they left the saloon why the water trough out front had
red water in it.

And that was pretty much the end of the tale of Alvin Clayton.

:-)

Brian "Fun NPC's" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.
Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on fire' and the
computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com

error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.
For more information on the Air New Zealand Group, visit us online
at http://www.airnewzealand.com/ or http://www.ansett.com.au/