[DL] Are We Doing It Correctly?

Once in the very first adventure my pc's escape prison, get a hold of some
firearms and come toe to toe with the villain. A mad scientist who was
twisted into a monster. Things went off great. The PC's had a good time
getting too him. Taking out his guards with deadly accuracy. And when they
confronted the man. Nobody could hit anything. They shot at him, he used his
powers against them. Every roll was a miss, or damage was so low it only
scratched. This went of for 3 hours! They demolished the building, jumped
down three stories. The most that happened was he got a small limp in his
leg from a gun shot and they ran out of bullets. Finally I had him escape
because it just got too boring.