Re: [DL] DL] PEG Cover Art (Goff)

> It is the same person- Douglas Shuler, IIRC.  He's doing all their Weird
> West covers this year.

Not quite. It's Pete Venters--he's never done a cover for us prior to the
Agency.

As to Hexarcana--I take full blame on that one. It was my idea and in
execution, Pete actually did more with it than I'd hoped.

However, I do like the Agency. It's a book about Agency characters, and I
wanted to focus on that on the cover. I understand your concern about action
on the cover, but in this case, the action is implied in both the past tense
(the door being kicked in) and future (the drawn gun, clenched fist, and
steely-eyed gaze). At least, IMHO. :-)

Plus, bear in mind I'm looking at a year's worth of covers (8, this year) at
once--which gives me a peculiar viewpoint you guys don't have. I see 8
covers, 3 of which tend toward static, IMO (The Agency, Dead Presidents, and
Hexarcana), and 5 which are very thematically action-oriented (Ghost Busters
(sorta), The Collegium, Rain o' Terror, The Great Weird North, and The Black
Circle).

Perhaps I made a mistake in cover concept by not staggering the art a little
more. I do get your point about static covers.

Oh, well. Live and learn...

All that said, Pete Venters, in my opinion, is great. We're getting him for
next year as well, if everything works out. He loves the genre and setting
and is closely involved not only with the art in Doomtown, but the storyline
as well.

As I said before, any shortcomings are my responsibility.

John