Re: [DL] PEG Cover Art (Goff)

> Plus, bear in mind I'm looking at a year's worth of covers (8, this year)
.....<snip>....
> and The Black Circle).

Huh? Black Circle? What's that? The Black River (or was it Bayou
Vermilllion) sourcebook that was supposed to have Whatley clan archetypes
and characters in it?

> All that said, Pete Venters, in my opinion, is great. We're getting him
for
> next year as well, if everything works out. He loves the genre and setting
> and is closely involved not only with the art in Doomtown, but the
storyline
> as well.

And on top of that he's one heck of a great guy. I was disapointed that I
didn't bump into him at this GenCon. Last year I had the honor of sitting
acorss from him at the listserv dinner and found him to be a really decent
English gent. Chewed his ear off about Doomtown artwork, and got some
interesting insight into his creation process. For example, the Experienced
Whilhemina Whatley was designed and modeled after Drew Barrymore (I S@#$ you
not). Look closely and you can see it in the old hags eyes.

I was also pleased to have the opportunity to play in the DT sealed deck
with him last year, he's a pretty good player. And he really does love this
stuff, and I think that's instrumental to his being a great choice for PEG
'cover boy'. One lukewarm cover doesn't kill him in my mind. Hell, look at
the cover of Smith & Robards, or Lost Angels.

Maybe we can talk about covers that we absolutely *love*. Mine are; H&H, GD,
BotD, CoG, and my personal Favorite; The Great Maze. I don't know what it is
about it, but that one really stands out in my mind. Love it.

Chris Aniballi
And HoE is whole other can of worms....gotta go with the Rad Screen
The piano is firewood, Times Square is a dream
I find we'll lay down together in the cold, cold ground
Tom Waits - "Cold Cold Ground"