Re: [DL] DL] PEG Cover Art (Goff)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Abdullah Oblongota" <toadpooka@juno.com>

> What needs to stop being done is taking perfectly nice black and white
> ink illustrations and coloring them in Photoshop.  When a black and white
> picture has huge white areas that get filled in with a solid color or a
> gradient effect, the damn thing ends up looking like Mighty Mouse.  But
> take a look at the colorized pic on the back cover of Iron Oasis:
> different shades, different colors...the whole thing looks like a
> watercolor, and like it was meant to be in color (yet still looks good
> inside in B & W)

I don't know, the cover of Shattered Coast was colored by Zeke over Jeff
Rabner art and it looks pretty damn good. Sure, not as good as a full on
painted cover, but it looks nice. Great color, shading, texture. Not bad
IMO.

Chris Aniballi, PhD
Stop me before I post again......
The piano is firewood, Times Square is a dream
I find we'll lay down together in the cold, cold ground
Tom Waits - "Cold Cold Ground"