Re: [DL] DL] PEG Cover Art (Goff)

I dug the Last Crusaders cover, but the one Parente work that got me
really mad was the cover to the main book.  If I'd have seen that book
sitting out on the shelf and not known about HoE already, I'd have stayed
as far away from the game as I could (and that'd have been a damn shame).
 I got a non-limited edition copy for free as a prize for the Deadlands
Live/Wire game, yet I STILL bought the leatheroleum edition because I
didn't want to be seen reading something with such a stupid-looking gun
on the cover.
The one artist that PEG needs to use as much as humanly possible is
Michael Oadciw, or something like that.  He did all the art in Iron Oasis
and the covers of Boise Horror and Spirit Warriors.  The IO cover is what
HoE is all about, if you ask me.
What needs to stop being done is taking perfectly nice black and white
ink illustrations and coloring them in Photoshop.  When a black and white
picture has huge white areas that get filled in with a solid color or a
gradient effect, the damn thing ends up looking like Mighty Mouse.  But
take a look at the colorized pic on the back cover of Iron Oasis:
different shades, different colors...the whole thing looks like a
watercolor, and like it was meant to be in color (yet still looks good
inside in B & W)

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 16:44:02 -0400 The Baron Samedi <baron11@netmcr.com>
writes:
> I have mixed feelings on him. He has had some covers I really liked
> (Law  Dogs, Fire and Brimstone) and some crap (Last crusaders)

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich A Ranallo

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.