Re: [DL] Cover Art: A New Spin

Martha Frey writes
> Maybe a more useful turn for this conversation to take
> would be the feel you'd like conveyed with the art.

This is more the direction I was hoping "cover art" chat was going to
go - it's probably of a greater help to PEG - than a "I like Brom,
but I don't like ..." discussion.  So what style or elements of art
would people like to see incorporated into the covers of Deadlands
products?

> Personally, I like the horror factor some of the older
> books convey, Law Dogs especially.  Sure, it looks
> like a normal ol' Sheriff, but take a good look at her
> eyes or the "corpse" hangin' from the gallows, and you
> get the feeling you're missing something here,
> something important.

Yaay, this is the kind of stuff I like too.  To be honest I've never
actually noticed the body on the gallows - but by just looking at the
cover I can fell that something just isn't right - I'll need to go
back and check it out in more detail now.

> Either show me something so mind-boggeling blatent I
> can't help but metaphorically wet myself, or take a
> seemingly regular picture and warp it in small, subtle
> some way that catches my eye and leaves me feeling
> both uneasy and intrigued.

I'm with TBS on this one - I much prefer the uneasy/intriguing than
the blatent.  I guess the latter feels more in keeping with what
Deadlands: Weird West is all about.

> 2.  Don't spoil anything for me.

Yep. we came  across this in L5R, did an adventure and we players
happened to see a picture of a samurai holding a flaming sword that
seemed to be setting him on fire ( he was creaming so we figured
this wasn't a good thing :) ).  As the adventure was set around a
sword it wasn't to hard to figure out, not to pick up the sword
unsheathed, when we eventually came across it.

Roy
All internet traffic to this site is
automatically scanned for viruses
and vandals.