Re: [DL] D20 Book?

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:18:29 -0400, deadlands@gamerz.net wrote:

>  > I can think of no stranger crossover than Deadlands and D&D.
>  >
>  > The storylines are too different to make any kind of sense.  Not to
>  mention
>  > the differences in universe, time frame, and general system of belief.
>
>  A D20 book isn't a D&D book--it's just a game book that uses the same
system
>  as the current incarnation of D&D. A D20 Deadlands book would simply be
the
>  Deadlands setting with a system that would be familiar to D&D players,
not a
>  cross-over, per se.
>
>  Does that sound a little easier to swallow? ;-)
>
>  John

That was actually the reason for my second post.  The first one was a bit
incohearant and I wanted to clarify.  I wasn't talkeing about the book per
se.  But if the two had a semi compatible system then a crossover would be
likely and even possible.  The practical applications of such would require
a mind as bent and twisted as say...myself but again it isn't really
necessary.  I know that the book isn't a crossover and that the rules are
meant to simplify for newbies and people with only 3e experiance but I felt
a need to rant on D&D and Deadlands as individuals and not groups.  So I
did.

Ron "Just happy to still be here" Conner

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html