Re: [DL] D20 Book?

--- Daedelus Magazine <daedelus@columbus.rr.com>
wrote:
> Either way it would be work for a very serious
> gamemaster who wanted to
> convert
> some stuff. If characters were going to spend quite
> a bit of time in one
> setting or the other
> it would merit the time needed to do the conversion.

If said person was so serious, why wouldn't they just
learn the new system?!  I think that's my confusion
with this entire topic.  Why go to all the trouble of
converting two disparate systems into each other?  I
would think it would be more time saving to learn the
new system.  Granted, there are obvious benefits of
using a system you're already very accomplished at
manipulting, but the flipside abuse of that would be
cross-genre characters that shouldn't exist.  I just
get these creepy images of the Knights of the Dinner
Table trying to play Teflon Billy and crew in
DeadLands.

For me, at least, part of the charm of learning a new
systems is creating new characters and learning how
the new possibilities interact; a clean slate.  I
understand the main emphasis behind the d20 book would
be to "convert" players, but the question I have is
whether this is conversion, or pandering?

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen