[DL] Re: D20 Book?

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:56:12 -0700 (PDT)
> From: marshal_dude@excite.com
> Subject: Re: [DL] D20 Book?
>
>  I can think of no stranger crossover than Deadlands and D&D.

Oh come on! How about Toon and Wraith? ;-)

Anyway....
I don't think the idea is to "crossover" D&D and Deadlands so much as to
make a Deadlands adventure that would use the D&D system. I can't imagine
the idea for the book is "Harrowed Hucksters and Enlightened Fu Fighters in
Greyhawk" or anything. Yikes!  I think it's more to get D&D people to play a
good game.

Personally, I think it's an interesting idea. I'd most likely buy the
adventure,  I just doubt I'd run it as a d20 adventure.  I also don't want
to see this become a habit with Pinnacle (_unless_ it's hugely successful!).
I think the Deadlands system is top-notch and totally brilliant. Not using
said system would detract from the game, IMHO.

Sinister Dexter
sinisterdexter@mindspring.com