[DL] Law Dogs Stuff

Hi List.

I was reading the new rules in Law Dogs today (about gunplay and expanded
gun list) and have the following questions/comments:

1. If the Quick Draw skill now covers drawing and cocking the hammer of S/A
revolvers with a TN of 7, does this mean that for turn 1 of shooting, it
becomes a speed 1?

2. How come S/A revolvers get a speed 2 rating anyway? I regularly shoot cap
and ball as well as S/A and D/A revolvers (target, silhouette and western
action) and there really isn't *that* much of a difference in the speed that
you can get shots away. (well at least shots that will hit a man sized
target)

3. Same sort of criticism of the penalty for quickdrawing C&B revolvers.
There really isn't that much difference.

4. Just a note about C&B revolvers. I have tried fanning my own revolver and
some others. For a C&B revolver to get reliable ignition, you need to have
the main spring heavy enough to crush the caps. This kinda hurts your hand
(a lot) when you try to fan the hammer. Seems to work O.K with S/A western
action cartridge guns though as they have a much lighter spring/hammer.

** end of rant - please don't flame me too much, it's not meant in an angry
tone. Oh yeah. If you get a chance to shoot C&B, take it! they are great fun
and very satisfying to shoot. Big bang, flames shooting out the muzzle and a
big cloud of acrid smoke.

Dan Miller