Re: [DL] Law Dogs Stuff

Dan Miller schrieb:

> 1. If the Quick Draw skill now covers drawing and cocking the hammer of S/A
> revolvers with a TN of 7, does this mean that for turn 1 of shooting, it
> becomes a speed 1?
>
> 2. How come S/A revolvers get a speed 2 rating anyway? I regularly shoot cap
> and ball as well as S/A and D/A revolvers (target, silhouette and western
> action) and there really isn't *that* much of a difference in the speed that
> you can get shots away. (well at least shots that will hit a man sized
> target)

I think point 1 was invented to get the difference between SA and DA smaller,
but to have yet one.

> 4. Just a note about C&B revolvers. I have tried fanning my own revolver and
> some others. For a C&B revolver to get reliable ignition, you need to have
> the main spring heavy enough to crush the caps. This kinda hurts your hand
> (a lot) when you try to fan the hammer. Seems to work O.K with S/A western
> action cartridge guns though as they have a much lighter spring/hammer.

My experience with an 1860 army: due to the two steps of cocking (first for
the trigger while the cock is in the loading position damages the mechanic and
jams the cock. In addition, when the cock is not fully pulled into shooting
position it hits the breech between to chambers, damaging the hammer and, if
near enough a chamber, distorts the metal so that (re-)loading becomes difficult
to impossible, because the cap can`t be placed accurate enough; when using a
conversion model the catridge can`t be fully pushed into the chamber. So don`t
fan that weapon!

JR