Re: [DL] boring fights? (no longer long)

Okay never mind. Eleven?!? The mind boggles, seriously.

I once ran a game with eight posse members and it was a nightmare.
More than four or five people and combat tends to bog down, as does the rest
of the game IMHO.

So how many people are there usually to a posse? This addressed to all who
care to respond. Are we the norm or the exception?

Daphné

My posse usually consists of four to five players which turned out to be a good number. However, a friend and me, we once had a monster posse of fourteen. They had either to look after a trek of cows or were travelling with said trek to found a new town (was a nice campaign), and were actually both posses together. The players interacted splendidly, and the one fight we had ran very smoothly because my friend managed the rules and the combat order and I managed all the NPCs and villains (and the cows).

It was one of the funniest sessions I ever had.

Raven