Re: [DL] boring fights? (no longer long)

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:56:05 +0200, deadlands@gamerz.net wrote:

>  Okay never mind. Eleven?!? The mind boggles, seriously.
>
>  I once ran a game with eight posse members and it was a nightmare.
>  More than four or five people and combat tends to bog down, as does the
rest
>  of the game IMHO.
>
>  So how many people are there usually to a posse? This addressed to all
who
>  care to respond. Are we the norm or the exception?
>
>  Daphn?

The last time I ran a huge combat I had to throw 5 guys for every party
member.  Because each member would draw five cards and then procede to kill
a large number of baddies.  Any less and somebody would be left sitting on
the front porch gun drawn with nobody left to kill because the shaman
already beheaded them all.

Of course right now i'm lucky to get more than 3 people.  my fourth just
finished getting over lukemia and hasn't been around for about two months.
Thankfully he's fully recovered and will be with is next saturday.

Long combat...bah!  Be grateful you have so many players.

Ron Conner

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html