Re: [DL] D20 Book?

> but the flipside abuse of that would be
>  cross-genre characters that shouldn't exist.  I just
>  get these creepy images of the Knights of the Dinner
>  Table trying to play Teflon Billy and crew in
>  DeadLands.

They don't need abuseive characters.  Remember the last time they played
cattlepunk?  They can level entire towns without the use of magic powers.
Giveing them magic would only make for better pyrotechnics.

As for conversion, The system itself is not the game.  Take gurps for
example.  They can take anything and make it their own.  Vampire and
warewolf (d10 based systems), Deadlands (Deverything), even diceless if I
remember correctly.  D&D and Deadlands will never have a crossover.  You can
quote me on that.  I'll stand by it till WotC and PEG are dead and gone in a
nuclear fireball.  The problems with converting a system that uses
Deverything to a straight d20 is really just a matter of charts....lots and
lots and lots of charts.  20 possible resolutions for everything and the
loss of variable stats like 4d12+6 quickness.  Now its all, Hey baby i've
got a thaco of 4.

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble

Fade to black
Ron Conner