Re: [DL] New Edge

No, this doesn't subtract from the difficulty, it subtracts from the
number that the Marshal rolls on the Scart chart after a Guts roll is
failed.  I think that's a good idea, as it makes a character more able to
stand his ground (and hold his lunch), but doesn't make him invincible.
Though the suggestion "cojones" sounds a lot better as a name for the
edge.  If we've got to have a reference to genitalia in everything we
read, we should at least make it fit a Western setting.

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000 11:38:30 EDT Wecarmich@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 09/02/2000 2:06:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> xxharlequinxx@hotmail.com writes:
>
> > For each point of this edge when you fail a guts check, except for
> a bust, >  you may subtract this level from the result on the scart
table

> >  Opinions are welcome
>
> Effectively this sounds like the same as earning Grit, only in a
> reverse manner.  I.E.  instead of added to your roll you are
subtracting
> from the difficulty.  Effectively this is the same thing.  As grit is
so
> dangerous to get, and on top of that 5 grit plus 5 in this Edge would
mean that
> you would  simply be unafraid of anything leads me to be of the opinion
that
> this is  simply too powerful.

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich A Ranallo